Monday 28 July 2008

Fun times ahead....

or maybe not! I have been thinking about the way we (or I) have been so keen to find lots of 'fun' things for the kids to do over the summer (and beyond), all the exciting stuff etc, but is it all really necessary? Do they really need all this exciting stuff to do? Shouldn't their home, family and deen be enough for them? No one is saying they have to lead miserable lives but I mean where do they go when canoeing and power kiting etc isn't enough? Where will they get their frills then?

What happened to the children that were happy with whatever they were given and could entertain themselves with out all the 'stuff' that society says they need. Some people always seems to be getting 'something better' i.e. the next playstation, the faster computer etc but is it really making them happy?

The Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) (‘alayhis salam) said, ‘The world is a prison for the believer and a jannah for the non-believer’ [Sahih Muslim Kitaab Az-Zuhd] - inshaAllah I pray that Allah guides us and our children to spend this life in devotion to their Him and spend the everlasting life in Paradise in enjoyment. Ameen. To protect them from the temporary thrills that this life has to offer to the permanant thrill and excitement of life in Paradise. Ameen.

I don't think that I will be finding 'exciting' things for the boys to do next year ishaAllah.

I found this post in my 'drafts' folder but liked it and decided to post anyway (6 months later :0))... would be interesting to get your views on this musing inshaAllah.

No comments: