Saturday 26 July 2008

Back to normality....well sort of!

Hello again, well we have spent the last two weeks in a whirl, with DH around it's difficult to sit down for 5 minutes! Everything changes so much when he is around alhamdulillah.

Well, we have have had two weeks of joint lessons. The first week we studied land & water plants and day/night flowering plants and tropisms for science. Contours and grid references again (as I bodged it up the first time) for geography and for art we did shape searches, collages and pictures. We have finished the shape theme now and will be moving on to colour next week inshaAllah.

'A' has survived his first day at the 'Summer Sports Activity Programme' and he wants to go back next week despite suffering at the hands of bullies and having his drink nicked. It left me with a whole weird feeling and I had to fight my initial reaction to not let him go again..... it's very difficult to advise them what to do in these situations and although I have told him that he must stand up for himself and if someone hits him he can hit back, it's so hard to let them go..... you just want to protect them so much and I know it's normal but it's a different world now from when I was younger. Allah make it easy for all of us inshaAllah and protect our children inshaAllah.

Sorry don't have no pictures of all our good work as I left my digital camera in London.... boo hoo, didn't realise how much I used it until I lost it.....

We have done loads of modelling, drawing and going out this week but not much writing or math hmmm. We are having next week 'off' as I have appointments, 'A' has his sports day (canoeing this week!), 'A' & 'B' are also having a 'sleep over' as well as the usual swimming and teaching days etc! So I will have to get them to knuckle down the week after inshaAllah, that's as long as nothing more interesting crops up ;0)))

Well it's late and I have a house to clean ready for our Quran teacher tomorrow so good night all and God bless and guide us all. Ameen.

No comments: