Friday 10 July 2009

Busy doing nothing....

Literally, DH was back on Monday so all week we have done absolutely nothing...

Madressah, swimming and sports as usual and other than that the kids have been enjoying their father whilst I have taken the opportunity to file my tax returns (oh what joy!!!).

But the kids seem to have been really busy and we have had very few disagreements alhamdulillah. Things we have done include: trimming down all of the tree weeds etc in the garden and the boys have been stripping the branches and making bows and arrows and having battles in the garden. Alhamdulillah place value has finally sunk in for DD2, after weeks of teaching, he just sat there are reeled off the whole concept one morning alhamdulillah. DD1 has been asking for lots of spellings to do.

New Lego kits arrived, thanks lil sis, so they have been busy building new creations and DS3 has been enjoying his mini-figures (he is the only one of my boys who is really into imaginative play mashaAllah, where he does all the voices etc, it's so cool to watch him mashaAllah).

DD has been ill miskeen, so has done nothing much else than sleep and sneeze alot alhamdulillah. She has really been asking to 'do her work' and is constantly asking for work the whole day; 'can you teach me to say my letters', 'can we do some reading', 'can I do some writing', 'can you teach me my numbers' mashaAllah it's never ending subhanAllah - girls are so different from boys! My boys NEVER ask for work, in fact sometimes I have to bully them into doing thier work so I am really looking forward to working with DD when she gets better inshaAllah.

In an attempt to up the anti with DD1's education I have enlisted the help of Tailor Made Educational Guides to write a 6 month curriculum based around his interests inshaAllah. I, and DD1, are really excited about this and we can't wait for the guide to arrive inshaAllah - make dua for us, I am finding it increasingly difficult to teach this boy - he seems to be getting stropier by the day - subhanAllah but I am determined not to give up inshaAllah.

1 comment:

Oum Anas said...

Salaam

I've tagged you for the Mom of the Year award, take a look at my blog :)