Sunday 22 March 2009

The week that wasn't.....

what I had planned at all. I took an unplanned visit to Birmingham to learn from a well respected sheikh - he is so humble mashaAllah, it was fantastic and it made me realise how little effort I put into learning my deen - may Allah bless the sheikh give us barakah in our time inshaAllah. It also made me realise how much I need to learn and how little adab I have..... subhanAllah, I am grateful for these reminders and pray that Allah facilitiates my learning for me and us all, ameen. This has been one of those weeks where I hoped to achieve so much but in fact, achieved so little. We have been trying to implement new routines into our day on the advice of the Sheikh but it has been difficult, alhamdulillah. Seems to have been a week for not doing stuff but here is what we did do....

Sports: swimming as usual on Monday, although sports for the littlies and biggies were both cancelled.

Maths: continued with Mindsprinting worksheets and online games.

English: hasn't happened at all, although they did some sentence structure as part of their madressah work alhamdulillah. DS2 has also been putting in some hard practice for reading mashaAllah.

Science: This kids did some unoffical testing of liquids which got them told off but that was about it.....

On the plus side; DS3 seems to be conquering Suratal Fatiha alhamdulillah, and the sun is shining so the kids were able to spend some energy in the park, go to the carboot sale with abi and do some planting....... alhamdulillah. Looking forward to a bright new next week inshaAllah.

No comments: