Tuesday 22 June 2010

Printers & Salatul Istikhara

This is a bit off topic but I had to write as the power of salatul istikhara (the prayer for guidance) never ceases to amaze me. When you ask Allah ta'Ala for guidance and trust Him to give it, the answer to your problem just pops up from nowhere.

A couple of weeks ago my printer started to play up, I wasn't happy as I use it daily for our home education. Anyway, I limped on with it until it packed up completely. We didn't have the money for a new one so my hubby (bless him) got me one from the car boot sale...it worked in a fashion and also packed up. So, armed with a desperate need, I managed to scrape together enough money to buy a new one, I went to the shops and had a look at what was available.....I really wanted another one of the same make but it appears they don't make them anymore **sob**. I was really confused, so before I made any decision I said the words of Istikhara, and ended up leaving the shops for home.

A week later, I found myself back in the shops again. I really, really needed a printer and I had done my research and found the printer I thought I wanted...it was more expensive in the shop so I decided to purchase it online.....and I did. Seconds later, I had the urge to cancel the order....and I did. Then somehow (I don't how) I ended up on a website called www.fixyourownprinter.com and in the forums found the answer to my problems alhamdulillah. I was able to, with the advice I found, very easily fix my own printer which is now working better than it has done for many months not to mention the money I saved. Alhamdulillah, you can't go wrong when you place your trust in Allah, can we ever be grateful enough to Him?

I try and pray two rakahs of Istikhara every morning for the events of the day, and then specifically for any other matter that pops up...even if I just say the words... and it never fails. Just in case any one out there hasn't read them before you can find the etiquettes and recommendations of praying Istikhara here, the words here, and a video in Arabic here.

No comments: